I can confirm that the Panasonic VaricamLT firmware 20.42 fixes the MXF issues that prevented AVC-Intra 100 footage from being recognized properly.
Prior to this update, the only 1080 footage that FCPX would see was the ProRes HQ files that the LT generates.
Still no support for the AVC-Intra LT codec, needed for off speed frames above 60p.
This update now allows the use of FCPX and older P2 cards to record 1080p footage in AVC-Intra and ingest properly. I have quickly tested E-Series and R series cards and both appear to work without issues.
Here is the full release note:
Addition of RAW output function is planned for the update in the future.
- Improvement in AUDIO UI
Direct Volume Control function added
Level Meter Display function added
- Support for ProRes Recording in Interlaced Mode
When FREQ = 59.94i / 50i is set, recording is possible using MAIN CODEC = ProRes422 HQ.
- Support for AVC-Intra100p
Using MAIN CODEC = AVC-Intra100, recording is possible with FREQ = 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 23.98p and MAIN PIXEL = 1920×1080 / 1920×1080 CROP.
At the same time, recording on F series P2 memory card is possible in spite of VFR = ON (with any setting value for fps) when MAIN PIXEL = 1920×1080 is set.
- Additional Lens Compatible with EF Lens Mount
- Additional Function to store CDL / LUT on SD Card
- Additional function to beep when operating REC button
- SURROUND VIEW function added to VF
A menu item is added to display the outside of effective area on the viewfinder screen. (SURROUND VIEW is also displayed on the VIEW screen of control panel.)
- Support for Proxy AVC-LongG6 24.00p recording
- Improvement to VariCam-LOOK Color Reproduction
Gamma Curve [V-452080] and setting values of LINEAR MATRIX will be changed by this update.
- Please be careful if you need to use non-updated Gamma Curve [V-452080] or load a SCENE FILE set up on a non-updated camera.